Not fit to parent?

Other than religious reasons, to think that homosexual couples would not make great parents? To think that their sexual preference has anything to do with parental abilities? What is the most important thing for a child to grow up in if not love and feeling wanted and cared for?http://www.docstoc.com/docs/12947722/Gay-Marriage_-Same-Sex-Parenting_-and-Americas-Children

Asked by older at 12:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I think sexuality has nothing to do with the ability to be a good parent! Think about all the married/unmarried couples who create drama and chaos for their kiddos! I think that being a parent is a responsibility, not a right! WHO cares who is sleeping next to you! Good parents come in all colors and sizes and sexuality prefrences!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I am of the opinion that it is much better for a child to have those wonderful things coming from both a mother and a father being in the picture..which I do not soley base on just my belief in God..

Of course there are some really lousy enviroments some children are being raised in which do contain both a mother and a father...but that will always be unfortunately even amoung gay/lesbian couples there will be some of that mess.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Also before I get slammed LOL...I do not have anything against single mamas/daddies as I know esp in some cases there was nothing else to do but become one..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I have no problem with homosexuals having children. Many non Christians get married and have kids. Just because I don't agree with their lifestyle and feel it is a sin does not give me the right to prevent them from getting married or having children. Parents that have affairs, feed their kids crap diets, neglect them and smoke around them are less fit than gay couples who are committed to one another and the child.
    Anonymous

• I have no problems with gay parents adopting. So many children unwanted, a home to be loved in better than the feeling that no one wants them.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Older I think you are over playing these opinions as being the majority when the really are not. Much like the opinion of anyone disagreeing with our president is a racist was over played.
    Anonymous

• anon, what makes you think you know what I am over playing very presumptious of you don't you think?

Answer by older at 1:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I agree with TN. I would not stand in the way of someone raising children.
    In my opinion a loving home with a mother and a father is best; doesn't mean a single parent, grandparents, or other loving people couldn't do just as good of job at a married couple - and that includes same sex couples.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• This topic really bothers me. My mom is a lesbian and I believe she raised me just fine. The ones who damaged me were the judgemental mostly Christian people.

I live in Oklahoma and there are alot of fanatics here. CPS has been called on my mom a number of times simply because she shared a room with another woman. I didn't have very many friends growing up because once one person found out my moms orientation it spread like a disease and alot of parents told their kids that they weren't allowed to hang out with. I had to forget about sleepovers unless it was at someone elses house. My mom even converted the garage into a bedroom and made her girlfriend stay in there to try and help me be allowed to have friends over. Which helped a little bit until the girls parents met her "roommate" who happened to be very masculine for a woman.

My mom was always there for me (still is) ....
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 1:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• and she did everything in her power to make life easier for me.
    jenniamigo