a couple postpartum questions! (maybe tmi)

Im 9 days postpartum and still bleeding lightly nothing concerning just wondering when most of you stopped bleeding???

i didnt have any tares or cuts so no stitches! yay! haha...
most of the pain is gone the only pain i have now are really bad back pains which everyone thinks might be from the epidural... and once in awhile a small stinging throbbing feeling down there...nothing horrible though

my next quetion is my dr forgot to tell me whether i have to wait 6 weeks before having intercourse or not ( she had to rush over to the next room for a delivery) seeing as how i didnt tare or need sticthes.. my mother said since thats the case i should be able to have intercourse when ever i feel me and my body are up to it again???
how long after did you and your SO wait to get busy again?

asking this because since my mom said that in front of hubby he's getting all excited lol... but im still wondering if i have to wait 6 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I bled right up until 6 weeks and yes you should not have sex during the 6 weeks post-pardum. At this time, the risk of infection is high. I waited until the day the dr cleared me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I bled for about 3-4 weeks with both of my kids, and I barely tore and didn't require any stitches. My husband & I were told to wait for 6 weeks also. We tried around 4 1/2 weeks, and I was still too sore. I would say try it when you feel like it but be easy. You may change your mind & wait a little longer. To me, 6 weeks was about right.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I waited the 6 weeks but my doctor said it was up to me and how I was feeling. If you feel ready then that's fine but use protection cause you can get preggo again. That's why i wanted the 6 weeks cause I wanted to be on my BC, condoms were do able but I was just scared of getting preggo again.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i bled for a while, i can't remember exactly but more than 9 days :)

i did tear but only barely. i *thought* i had been told not to have sex until after my 6 weeks appt but then the nurse was like "you haven't had sex yet?!?" so then we did start having sex but i was sort of sore for quite a while after that. i think the reason they want you to wait a while is because you can get an infection if you uterus is still open??? not sure on that. my opinion would be to have sex whenever you feel comfortable, as long as hubby knows that if it hurts, he has to stop.

i didn't have an epidural, but i did have back pain just from leaning over to pick up baby, diaper changes, etc. my sister had an epidural and she had back pain from that for a few weeks, if i remember right. you might want to ask you dr or even call the anesthesiologist.

imo everything you described sounds pretty normal. congrats mama!
    Anonymous

• I bled for about 3 weeks. My dr told me we could have sex again once the bleeding had stopped.
    Anonymous

• Well, first off, I am going to say I am SO jealous that you didn't tear! I had a stage 4 tear, and that really sucked. Even though I has such a bad tear, I had sex again at about 6 weeks. My Dr said on average they recommend you wait 4-6 weeks. Even though you didn't tear, I would recommend you wait until about 4 weeks. If you are still concerned, I would call your Dr. and have your hubby there when you ask.  I bled for about a month, then a spot here of there a week or so after.

Jewels9308

Answer by Jewels9308 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2009