Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think this letter was for me?

I had a pap in August and got a letter saying there's "abnormal cells" and that I need to be seen again. But, it's says "Dear Ms Johnson" on it. Johnson is not my last name. It was addressed to me and has my name and address as the letter head and the date is wrong. It says I got my pap on August 12th, but I'm positive mine was on the 13th.

Answer Question

Asked by SaraP1989 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 14 (1,621 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I would just call the doc and let them figure out the mix up if indeed there was one.

    Answer by salexander at 1:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • I would call and make sure

    Answer by Jademom07 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • Contact the office that did your Pap. Tell them what you recieved and you are sure it isn't yours. Ask them to double check YOUR results.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • Call your doctors office and tell them what happened I think they made a mistake. They can check for you and tell your last date of appointment and if this is for yours or if it is Ms Johnson's..

    Answer by raemommy at 1:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • It could absolutely be wrong. Make a copy for yourself and take after that the letter to your dr. and get a complete copy of your medical records from that doctor. I'd also get a copy of the test results direct from the lab even though they're likely in your primary or ob's records on you.

    It could be something simple that that lady was standing there while your letter was going out or on the phone with the secretary while the secretary was in your records. But stilll it's not good.

    You don't want the wrong diagnosis in your records in the national medical bureau.

    Answer by lfl at 1:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • Call the doctor's office and try to figure it out. It's possible they had two files out and started with your's but mixed up the names or visa versa. I dont want the wrong diagnosis. Have them double check.

    Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • You need to call, hunn.
    My husband received a letter like that from radiology that said his images didn't come out right and they needed to be done again, but it was addressed to someone else.
    He went someplace else because there is supposed to be someone in radiology to check the wet prints to be sure they came out clearly and on the appropriate parts of the body.
    I would also be nervous about visiting a doctor whose office staff cannot address their letters appropriately. If they don't outsource their billing then I bet they create a lot of billing and coding errors on their own.

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.