should i take my 9 day old dd trick or treating this year?

She will only be about a month and we live in southern cali so its not like it will be terribly cold i have her a really cute warm froggy outfit :-)

i wanted to take her and my godson w/his parents out trick or treating because its their first Halloween and i think it would be adorable and fun for memories sake. of course not feed them their candy! lol that could be for mommy and daddy or something but just to go out and have a good time with them for an hour or two.. my mother in law says im crazy if i do that but i dont understand why that would be sooo "crazy" she will be very cozy and warm i know shes to young to really enjoy it but she might enjoy it when she gets older and sees the pictures of her and her cute costume lol

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• As long as she has minimum contact with others outside of the family, sure...BUT, if I knew that someone other than immediate family would be around, I wouldn't.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• If its going to be warm, I dont see why not...she'll probably sleep through it anyhow. Theres nothing wrong with wanting to celebrate holidays with your newborn, especially for first time parents. I say do it :)
    Tarinia

Answer by Tarinia at 1:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• For her, it's not different than taking a walk. If she's warm and comfortable, I don't see why not.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• No, I wouldn't risk the baby's chances of catching a cold. Germs are EVERYWHERE, including candy that has been in a person's hand and placed in a trick or treat bag, and then you bring it into your home. I know you're eager to hop on the holiday bus, but I don't think it's worth the possibility of your baby getting sick. Why not have a costumed get together at your place, pass out candy, watch "scary" movies?
    Anonymous

• take the baby there is no harm. and make sure to takes pictures of the babys frist hallween
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 1:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• go a head, have fun, celebrate her first halloween. don't be one of those moms who never lets their kids make memories or have fun because they are afraid of leaving the house.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 1:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Take the pictures, but keep the baby inside.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't.

And, if you came to my door with a 9 day old baby, I'd think you were trying to scam for free candy b/c the baby certainly isn't eating it.

And no, I would not take a 9 day old baby out with a bunch of germ ridden kids.
    Anonymous

• Go for it, I was taking DS to the mall and such the first week after he was born. I had been on bedrest for the previous 6 weeks so I couldn't go get stuff we needed both for us and him. I just didn't have a lot of choice. Know what? NOTHING bad happened. So go for it. I would love to coo over a newborn who was all dressed up personally.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Go the mall and get some candy.
    Anonymous