Potty Training....

My 2 year old doesn't really say a whole lot but I know that she has some interest in the potty. I really want to start training her. What do I do when she really doesn't say anything and is likely not to say when she needs to go???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She can tell you...it does not have to be verbal...I would get a potty chair and keep it in the room that you are in the most...when she acts like she has to go, just ask if she wants to sit on the potty. eventually, she will not tell you, she will just go and you will walk in the room and see her sitting there. My daughter would take up residence on that thing and watch Dora while sitting on it...We bought 4 different chairs before we found one she would use.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• im not that far yet with my little one but i was told to write down when she goes for a week to see if she goes in a pattern also so u will know when to put her on the potty.im going to use this method becouse alot of moms put there kids on the potty every 2hours and make them sit there,well my little one can go hours without going.good luck,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I tried with my son for a whole year to potty train and then three weeks ago he just sat on it and hollard for me, "Mama peepee poopoo!" It was the most wonderful day of my life!! Good luck mama.
    RiverPhenix

Answer by RiverPhenix at 1:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• With my daughter (18 months) we went and bought her some "big girl panties" and she wears them with no pants on in the house. We put the potty chair in whatever room we are in and she sits on it every hour or so, even if she doesn't have to go. We sing a potty song so it's fun for her. If she potties, she gets a marshmallow. ALSO, she doesn't tell me when she has to go, but if she has an accident in her big girl panties, she tells me she pottied, then we take off the undies, sit on the potty, and then put clean undies on and do it all over again. It's messy...but it's working. :)
    NIKopotamous

Answer by NIKopotamous at 2:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2009