did anyone ever have ppd, how long till you recovered WITHOUT meds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my son in June of 06. Suffered till Jan of 07 before I went for help. I was only on the meds for a short while, but it was what I needed to do for myself and my family.
    aussiesma

Answer by aussiesma at 1:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I had my daughter January '09 and just last week I went to a doc to talk about it. He just referred me to another doc but I haven't had a chance to go. I didn't think I had any issues until a couple weeks ago on vacation and that's when it hit me. My DH suggested it months ago. What meds do you take for it?
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I did not go on meds, and I didn't take that long before I began feeling better. I was proactive though. I mentioned this in another post. Talking about PPD helps, and getting out, walks, etc. If you do these things, and don't start to see a change within a few days (not saying you will get BETTER in a few days, but you should notice if you START to feel better) then go speak to your doctor.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2009