If your husband asked you to keep something between you and him, would you still go tell others?

I respect my Husband's wishes and Him, so I wouldn't do something He asked me not to do..how about you? *** The reason I ask is because I saw a post somewhere about how this girl's husband asked her not to tell anyone, including her group of close online friends, about the name they chose for their unborn baby. She still went behind his back and told all of them, as well as the fact that he asked her not to. That struck a nerve with me, even though it isn't my business. It just makes me think she doesn't respect her hubs and thinks those friends are more important. I realize it isn't my business, it just got me thinking and wanting to to know what others thought. Bash away, I couldn't care less. =D

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 2:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No way Jose! Especially something so special as the baby's name. If I really wanted to know others' opinions, I might ask anonymously what people think of the name, therefore, our secret was still that, our secret. I think that was very disrespectful of her. Who knows what else she shares that she shouldn't be.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Nope, what he asks of me, if within reason, I do.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Ofcourse not...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I agree with you. why bother to agree to keep something to yourself if you're just going to blab it for the whole world to see? sounds like she doesn't much respect his wishes, or maybe nobody elses either. I'd hate to be one of her friends, thinking I could trust her to keep a secret. I hope her "friends" know this about her and don't tell her squat. some ppl just don't care enough to keep something in. I believe it's lack of respect of others.
    islandmom85

Answer by islandmom85 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• No, if we agree to keep something private, it's private. I'd be hurt if he told his friends something we agreed to keep between us.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• absolutely not. If my dh and I can't trust eachother than we have nothing..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Absolutely not. If my someone entrusted me with something, then it is my duty to keep it to myself.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• We are both private people and do not like people knowing our business. We tell each other stuff that is just an automatic "given" of do not say anything. If we say keep it private, then that definitely means it's important and do not repeat. Even if it's not important, even the small trivial stuff, we usually keep private anyway.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• At most, I will talk to my long-time friend about it. I've known her for a lot longer than I've known DH, and she lives in another state, doesn't frequent chat sites and doesn't blab to other people. He wouldn't have to worry about her letting his secret be known to everyone, but it gives me the opportunity to get my feelings out about it. Like with him being out of work. We don't dare tell his family about it, but its hard for me to keep it bottled up inside, because its stressing me out.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 3:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Depends, I normally keep his screats and he keeps mine.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009