anyone know if i can install the latch system in my car?

I drive a older car that doesnt have the latch systmes in it for carseats. I was woundering if anyone knew if i could take my car to the dealer and have them installed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Travel

• You can call the dealer but I doubt that they can.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• no, just work with what your car has
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• no. but like pp mentioned.. call the dealer
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 2:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Your local police or fire department can guide you on safe installation.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• YES! BRING YOUR CAR TO A DEALER ( If you drive a ford, find a new ford dealer) and they are required by LAW TO DO IT FOR FREE! Its called retro-fitting, and if they try to charge you, leave and report them... but they will do it for free! LATCH is not some luxury thing you will want just because, it is a NECESSARY safety thing for your children. LATCH is proven to be much safer than seatbelt because seatbelts come unbuckled...and LATCH is now required in all cars 2002 or newer... so dont listen to the above people... they not only will, but have to do this for you for FREE!
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2009