My son is 9 months and he is to lazy to hold his own bottle and

I put him down for his nap and he barely holds it I have to place a small blanket underneath it. Any mommy's had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think he's lazy.
    Maybe he CAN'T yet.
    Not all kids are the same and there maybe a good reason why he doesn't, physical I mean.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• maybe he knows too that somehow you'll fix it so that he doesnt have to. when i worked at a daycare, some kids wouldnt hold it. I'd just leave it in their laps where they could reach it, and hel; another baby. now of course when i'd finish i'd go back, place their hands on the bottle, and start alll over again. they figured out quick that i wasnt gonna do it for them, and started holding the bottle themselves. babies are smart, they can figure out even at this age who will do what for them.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I thought you weren't supposed to put them to bed with a bottle? I don't know if I'd call him lazy. He probably wants you to hold him and feed him his bottle. I also don't think propping is a great idea.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My daughter didn't start holding her own bottle until she was 11.5 months old. I didn't mind though-she always sat on my lap and cuddled while she had her bottle of formula anyway. I actual miss our cuddle times!! We still cuddle, but she's a busy little tot.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Nice mom you are calling your 9 month old baby lazy.
    Want to talk about lazy? You aren't supposed to put your baby to bed with a bottle or prop the bottle. I think Mom is too lazy to feed her baby.
    Anonymous

• I did not post this to be bashed. I am not lazy I have twin girls I need to attend to and they are 2 1/2. I was putting him down for his nap.
    Anonymous

• My little one was the same way. It took a few times of helping her hold the bottle up (using a blanket or other) before she figured out how she had to hold the bottle to get anything out of it. For us it worked best if I used a boopie or similar pillow to keep her at a better angel and prevent ear infections. I would set her up with a bottle, take care of what it was that was needing done then go back and check on her, normally to then remove the pillow and bottle so she could take a nap. Don't worry he will get it down.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 3:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My oldest never held his own. Maybe when he was a year old he did, I can't remember anymore (he's 14 now). He held a cup just fine - don't worry about it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• If baby is "too lazy to hold his bottle" then what does that say about the caregiver?

Anonymous

• My daughter was the same way she didnt hold her bottle tell 10 mths I always held her y she ate but then again I dont have any other kids to tend to yes my daughter was lazy to cause she new I would do it for her I would sit her down and try and let her hold it but she would start crying so I always gave in and she refused for me to place her hands on the bottle if I tryed that she would start crying she new how cause I got pictures of her holding her self from the time she was 3 mths hold she just didnt want to cause she new I would. He will soon enough just give him some time he will get the hang of it.
    Baileysmom1029

Answer by Baileysmom1029 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009