So, I have found that....

Chewing gum really does surpress my appeitite....has anyone else tried this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't know if it "suppresses" my appetite so much as satisfies an oral fixation, a need to taste and chew. I chew minty gum quite often in the afternoons, when I am prone to mindless snacking. It's particularly helpful if you've ever smoked, as I used to--I used to smoke instead of bored-eating sometimes, and the gum helps take the place of both bad habits.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Oh a clever little trick I have used in the pass and actually crossed my mind today.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Oh, I think it works for me absolutely too! When I am hungry I have this horrible urge to chew! Chew! Chew! I think that is why it works for me even though some experts say it doesn't work and not to do it because it gets your saliva glands in motion and (in their opinion) makes you hungrier.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It actually makes me hungry. For me it is related to the saliva generation. But everyone is different.
    Anonymous