Why do I have such a hard to making and keeping friends....ugh

Im so friggin lonely..but I don't know if it is real or if I've just made myself believe it. Ive got great kids, engaged to a wonderful man, good job, own my home...have plenty of aquaintances, but I just can't seem to make and keep real friends. Not that I repel people, its just that I don't work on friendships and I let them die...how do you keep friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I am the same way. Somebody last month posted something close to this subject, it made me feel so much better. I felt like I was the only person in the world without true friends (besides my Mom and Husband). After the post, I realized that I am ok with having my Mom and Husband as my best friends. They are both wonderful people and would lay down their lives for me, it doesn't get any better. Don't know if this helps any, but I hope it did. You can add me to your friends.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• you answered your own question. If you want a friendship you have to keep it going like any other relationship. If it seems to be fading then its just not the right friend for you JMO :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It does take work but also the right chemistry with that person. If it's the right person, you're more likely to not let them slip away.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Friendships are work and you have to keep them up. They're just like any other relationship if you don't maintain them they die
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 4:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I feel the same way you do. I know a lot of people but have no close friends. My husband is retired military so the friends I have made live in other states.
    Anonymous

• Boy, you must've been reading my thoughts today.....good friendships are like a good marriage to a certain degree. You have to constantly work at them and maintain them. This is something that is hard for me. Time just seems to slip by and the next thing you know I haven't spoken or seen someone in months. There is only but so much time in the day for me and most of that is spent taking care of DS and on weekends with family and DF.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It is hard in this facebook, myspace age. Everyone is reconnecting with old school friends and coworkers and not really opening up to new friends. Imo .But being shy can make matters worse. GL and hope you can find friends to hang out with for coffee and just to talk . It makes everyone feel better.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009