How can I stop being so desperate?

I want to be with someone so much. I can not stand to be alone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• you have to learn to be happy with yourself no matter whos in your life. You gotta get that "I need no one" kind of confidence. Been there before and it takes a lot but I eventually was not even thinking about a relationship. Just keep occupied and stop looking. you be with someone before you know it and youll be happy you let him come to you
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• OP- I don't believe in Jesus so that doesn't help me. But thanks!
    Anonymous

• Steph is 100 percent right. People cannot bring you happiness and to expect another to do this for you only leads to more misery. You must find things that you can do that bring you happiness (like a class, project, art, excercise, music, work, etc). When you find happiness within yourself, you'll be able to share that with another. If you find someone now, you'll likely sabbotage things because you aren't content on your own.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Find a girl friend? Get a dog? Volunteer?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I feel like Im watching the 700 club LOL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• OP- the problem is if I'm busy I am fine but the second I stop I start thinking about it again. I can't stay busy every second of every day!
    Anonymous

• I agree with Randa without Jesus our lifes are empty even if you are in a relationship.
    People might think there happy and they might be for a while but eventually they will feel that empty spot in there life, usually people will drink, do drugs, shop whatever it is to fill it but that's a temporary fix
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Listen, it's hard to be lonely, and thats why so many women find themselves in abusive relationships and won't get out of them. I don't want to be alone either, I've been alone for so long that I'm ready to find that person that completes me. We were designed to be with another, created to love other so it's perfectly normal. I know it's hard to be patient but sometimes that's the only choice we have. Good luck, and don't settle!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Oh, so this is the post that prompted the other one in the CafeMom section........Randa is being pushy and we all agree that that certainly isn't a help to you right now, but did you just consider for one milisecond that she might be right? Jesus. That would've been my simple, one word and probably very unpopular answer.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You need to get to know YOU without a man. A good one will come along if you work on that first.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2009