how soon?

how soon should i get my 16 month old, myself and my hubby tested for swine flu?..my bro and sis-in-law tested positve today for it and we were around them all weekend..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe it is just me and my nature to worry but I would call the doctor right away and see what they suggest. And at the first sign of any symptoms I would be at the dr. office or ER. But like I said, I have a worrying nature.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I would call my doctor right away. Any idea how they got it? Where they went, etc?
    Anonymous

• their school had an outbreak, and the family never told us.
    Anonymous

• I asked my dr. the same things and he said that if we weren't showing signs not to get tested but def call your dr. and ask them what they want you to do.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I would monitor your temps, etc. every hour. You may want to go ahead and get teh 16 month on an antiviral, but the doctor would let you know if that was necessary. In the meantime, I would sanitize everything they came in contact with!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2009