Would you date your ex's best friend if your ex was OK with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd have to be 110% sure she was okay with it, then take into account how and why they broke up.
    She might just be lying or convincing herself that she's okay with it, but she might not be.
    Overall, I just think there's so many other fish in the sea to put yourself in a situation where it could get messy and sticky.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• No. After the divorce I remained friends with my ex.s best friend. Come to find out, he knew things about my ex that I probably still wouldn't know if it wasn't for him telling me. The friendship with my ex was so tight that I found it uncomfortable to be friends with him too. so I stopped talking with him. Me personally I would just be uncomfortable if my current and my ex were going out together, or getting together on weekends to play video games or watch the game. It would just be too much for me. But that's just me and I guess it depends on how close the friendship is.
    Anonymous

• Prob something casual but not a relationship. One night stand maybe?? LOL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• OP- K Sawyer- my ex's best friend not my best friend's ex.
    Anonymous

• NO! that's way too messy of a situation.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• No... it is tacky.
    Anonymous

• Nope..... they've got to be best friends for a reason, right? .... seems to me you'd end up with a LOT of the same problems.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• No way.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Although this was when I was only 14, I have done it. Was with my ex for seven months, we broke up but were still friends, and he introduced me to his good friend Brandon and almost 8 yrs and two kids later we are still together. But they are no longer in touch, as we went on to have kids and the ex went in a destructive path.
    2callmemom09

Answer by 2callmemom09 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Married to my ex's best friend. We broke up he called me about 6 months later said he missed having me around. We went to dinner and we both knew. My ex was angry and told him he had to choose. He chose me didn't even think twice about it. I felt really bad they had been friends since they were in diapers. My ex husband came to his senses in time for our wedding and was his best man. It was strange but you really cannot always help who you love. My ex is now my two older childrens godfather.lol
    Anonymous