poopy diapers and gagging :~(

I can't help it--a lot of the times that I change a poopy diaper, I just gag. I work at a daycare too--8 kids x at least 3 diapers changes daily means I'm changing between 24 and 30 diapers (I don't usually change em all, just sometimes it ends up that way). And at least 10 of those are poopy.

Then I come home and change my DDs poopy diaper. I just did, and gagged so horribly. I know I have an awful gag reflex.

Anyways. Does anyone else gag when they change diapers?

epoh

Asked by epoh at 3:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I never really did and neither did my hub (he's also the one who cleans up the barf while I wash the kiddo off). If it's really a problem, you can do what oh what are they called when they go to the scene of a crime with a dead decomposing body -- forensics? -- and stick some Vick's Vapor Rub under your nose. Or Tiger Balm. That stuff would ward off dead dragon breath LOL.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 4:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Sometimes I do. It depends how stinky it is & if my stomach is already queasy. I hate having to change them right after i eat! My husband gags if he's in the same room when I change one.
    tarynsmommy82

Answer by tarynsmommy82 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• That's why I breathe through my mouth when doing a diaper change!
    Anonymous