Are are some CA moms criticize other moms about spelling?

Aren't we a community of moms of many mixtures? Some of us are not as educated as others, and some of us are not exactly the right hemisphered types. Can't we just see past the spelling mistakes (intentional or not) and answer the questions at hand? There is more to life than just spelling.

Oh yeah, I'm a mom who synergizes (oops-sinurgizes) and survives (oops- servive) well both at home and at work.

sincerely (ooops - sinserly).
annoyed (oops - anoeeed)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL! yea some moms are really uptight like that. Some do seem to forget that not everybody comes from the place.
    Anonymous

• Why did you single out CA moms? Some spelling mistakes are obviously misplaced key strokes... some are obviously just excitment - typing too quickly.... so who really cares.

However, some of the grammar mistakes are simply egregious. those are the ones that grate on my nerves. Even if you are uneducated you can watch tv and know that you are not speaking properly.
    Anonymous

• I think OP meant CM. And even watching TV and realizing you may not be speaking "properly" doesn't mean you are going to automatically start speaking the "right" way. Some people type the way they speak, big deal. If a post doesn't make sense, I usually ask nicely for more clarification if I feel I can be of some help.
    Anonymous

• I suck at typing and talking so it doesn't bother me none :)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• People in CA are crazy! HA HA HAHA, I'm kidding! Spelling and grammar are so easy. I used to teach elementary school and a lot of the errors we see here are things that are taught in the early grades. It's just sad to see the lessons didn't stick.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• agree with pnukey
    Anonymous

• i'm sure that alot of the spelling mistakes come from having babies and toddlers climbing all over you. it irritates me beyond belief when someone asks a ? and one of the responders is like "the word in no, not know, or please learn how to spell before you ask a question". ugh, that really drives me nuts.
    Anonymous

• I have 3 children, dinner to cook, and a needy husband. If I spell something wrong, it is not the first time and it probably wont be the last. I am from the south and sometimes I type the way I speak. I wish some would just get over it and move on but I think sometimes picking out spelling and errors in grammer is there way of making themselves feel better than others.
    Anonymous

• What shocks me is that they use the anon bully button to harass someone about spelling. Get a life and don't stress about bs like that. It is ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• I heit tha weigh pepole are so rood on hear. My gosh, not all of us our skolers. We don't be having enuff munny to go to collage. Stop beeing so rood pepole.
    Anonymous