Talk about illegals taking our jobs --- what about these?!

So im watching Dr Phil and a commercial comes on about this guy whos autistic and theres a program to help them find jobs! WTF?! My friend recently got laid off -- cant collect unemployment forever and cannot find a job! Theres no where to help her, but theres a place to help people who cant even work fast food?! I recently seen a girl at mcdonalds who worked ther ewho had downs and she couldnt even wipe the table up! than came to wipe our table (WE WERE STILL SITTING! -- it was a bday party) and after i told her 3 times we werent done yet ,she sprayed the solution on my daughters hand! (who is 5 monts) ... she has a woman follow her around and do all her work for her! I mean they're paying THESE people to work but not people who are actually in need of work and can actually perform WELL ON THEIR OWN!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• wow, I find your question so offensive I can't even begin to form a response
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Your question comes through portraying you as a very selfish soul with no compassion for others less fortunate. These people need a job as much as the next guy if not more, they are training to be able to be on their own someday.

Answer by older at 4:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job. maybe your friend is not trying hard enough.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I find your question offensive too. I cannot find a job and I have a college degree and I've even applied for minimum wage jobs, but the Kroger I go to has some mentally challenged people that work there and they are always so friendly. Even if they are helping you wrong by not bagging things right or accidentally dropping and breaking a jar of sauce, I think highly of companies that hire people like this and give people like this a chance to make something of themselves.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• um, is your friend willing to take a job washing tables at McDonalds? If not, then it is hardly taking a job away from her.....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I don't think the others are getting the point.

At my local Walgreens they have a guy with that wears a button that says 'I'm blind and deaf' and they put him on the cash register!!! There gets to be 20-30 people in line. They don't open the other line.

If the cosmetic lady hasn't seen what's going on and start quietly checking people out I just leave. She says she's not supposed check many people out. When he's working he is just supposed to do it by himself.

If anyone wants cigarettes it's hopeless. How can they tell him what they want? How can he find it? Everyone starts leaving then.

It's not fair to customers. Someone else could have that job. He has been there over a year.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job. maybe your friend is not trying hard enough
    --
    Shes trying very hard. every application every interview ... half the jobs shes not qualified for but she says it dont hurt to try.

um, is your friend willing to take a job washing tables at McDonalds? If not, then it is hardly taking a job away from her.....
    ---
    Um shes willing to take any job , shes applied at mcdonalds ... but thats the type of people they hire i guess
    Anonymous

• everyone deserves a job, disabled or not. i cant believe the things that you are saying. if your friend had a disability and no one would give her a job you'd be complaining about that too. everyone deserves a chance. This girl in mcdonalds is prob. making min. wage and probably only part time too. you're friend will get a job and i';m sure it wont be cleaning tables at mcdonalds.
    Anonymous

• I'm with you OP. DH's company employs a guy with Down's. He sweeps the floor and more often than not he is just in the way. He takes their tools and if they can't find them they have to replace them at their own cost. Which takes away from my children when DH has to buy a new wrench that costs $60 because it was taken or thrown away. Last year DH's company laid off 65 able bodied employees but this guy kept his job because it was against the law to let him go. Tell me how that is fair. And on to the other part of what you said, when work started picking back up, the company replaced the employees with illegals that can't speak english, because they don't have to pay them as much. Argue that this is fair all you want but but I find it unfair when I watch my friends and family struggle to survive and people without the capable skills to do the jobs are hired in their place.
    Anonymous

• Wow... you are going to straight to hell in a handbasket, aren't ya...
    Anonymous