For Jehovah's Witness & Other Christians... A Question

Do you believe what this link posts?

http://www.dbhome.dk/carlo/cat.htm

I'm just curious about your opinions.

NickyJamesMom

Asked by NickyJamesMom at 4:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm catholic. I think ideas such as the ones addressed in that link are what brought on the black plague. A cat is like any other animal.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• LOL, absolutely not, if so then I am in a heap of trouble because I have 13 cats. Cats and an unlucky number of them. LOL
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i'm a jw, i've never heard of that, i have a cat and she's cute and fuzzy and she cracks us up. i only feel bad for her when my toddler is chasing her around the house, lol.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I'm not Christian. But my mother, grandmother and Aunt are all Jehovah's Witnesses... And they ALL have cats! That's like saying no real christian should own a cattle ranch because cows are sacred to Hindus.. Ummm, NO!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I say to each his own, But I do not thingk that cats are evil. They are also not havign magical powers lol. Just because they used to be pagan symbols, does not make them so thay are just another creation of our God. But cats weren't the only ones used as pagan symbols, look at all the animals for they all were used as such. BUT if you feel that by owning any animal you are sinning agianst God then don't do it. As far as I am concerned though they are just cats, they are comanions for us and make us feel loved at the end of the day, or after a fight ewith our spouse :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i dont agree w/ that. but i really dont care for cats either haha

just b/c something use to be or even still is used by another religion is not alone reason for Christians to ban something. but im not going to tell someone they shouldnt believe cats are evil, so long as they arent trying to get me to think that way.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Thanks for a good laugh, and NO, I do not agree.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 5:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Maryjane, I have eight...seven are mine and one is inherited. (If I act like my feline sister there is some red-headed stepcat, I have seven, which is odd, lucky and unlucky all at once.) Except for one, all are either solid black or black and white. I'm atheist, but my mother was christian and raised old school on that cats are of the devil stuff, but it was mostly because my grandmother didn't like cats and that was a handy excuse way, way back when her in-home mother-in-law wanted one.

I agree with Sabrina about the cow analogy. I wonder how many of those who believe this about cats are willing to give up beef for the cause, too?
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Seriously? I think that is just stupid. Sounds like some wacko who just personally hates cats.
    rosiecotton

Answer by rosiecotton at 9:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I just checked out the other areas of the site. It's an Anti-JW site. Please do NOT take this person's mocking posts about the beliefs of true believers as truth! They are far far from it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2009