Tugging/contraction like sensation and now brown spotting...

Hoping someone can give me some info until my Dr.'s appt. tomorrow. I am 15-weeks along with my second pregnancy. I've noticed that the last couple of weeks some of my symptoms are what I felt much later in my first pregnancy (w/my first they started around 5-6 months). Like, I've felt a lot heavier in the stomach, more pressure and then last night, I sat down in bed and when I laid down, my stomach felt pulled or strained and when I felt of it, it was really hard like I had a contraction. It didn't hurt and lasted only for about 30-seconds. This afternoon, I wiped and had brown spotting. I know this is my second pregnancy, but these are new things and I feel like I'm doing it all for the first time again! Any idea of what may be causing this? Oh, and at my last appt. 3-weeks ago, the doctor told me my uterus is measuring large for date. No twins & we are correct on our estimated due date. HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You may have previa, please call your doctor now and tell them you want to be seen today!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You were right. It's previa and I was put on VERY strict pelvic rest.
    Anonymous