I see it in movies, is it in real life??

IDK if this is in the right section but it seemed like the right one.
so Ive been watching some lifetime movies today and in other movies Ive seen over time its a reacuring theme, kids dissapear and the mother is the main suspect, is this how it goes in real life as well, I know if my kid was napped I would so broken them accusing me would just be the worst feeling in the world.

sarahdicksonjr

Asked by sarahdicksonjr at 4:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• they have to keep those that are closest to the missing person as suspects until they can eliminate them (by alibi or other evidence that proves that they couldn't be responsible - like an eyewitness to a kidnapping). All too often it does end up being someone close to the child that either abducts them or brings harm to the child. I imagine that this is standard practice. It's a sick world we live in.

Anonymous

• Unfortunately it is all too common for a parent, close family member or friend of the family that commits heinous acts against children.

At the beginning or end of Lifetime type movies, they will usually mention if the story was based in whole or in part on actual headlines and what has happened to the perpetrators or surviving victims since.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Yes, this is the way it works. They work from the inside out. They start with the parents work to family friends and work outward.

575 were murdered in 2005
    all children under age 5 murdered 2005 --

* 31% were killed by fathers
    * 29% were killed by mothers
    * 23% were killed by male acquaintances
    * 7% were killed by other relatives
    * 3% were killed by strangers
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Crissy1213, those stats are incredibly sad.
    Anonymous