how do i get her to sleep through the night

how do i get my 16 month old to sleep through the night??? she used to be really good about it...and now, well since her last virus, she's been up once a night...it's been at least 2 months that this has been going on...any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wait until she is 3. By then almost all kids are developmentally ready to sleep through the night.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• yeah good luck with that, my dd is 3 and still wakes up atleast once a night i guess i'm just used to it, GL sorry i can't help
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My son went through the same thing. I Really had to stick to the schedule. It gets them mentally ready for the whole bed time experience. Though she used to sleep through the night the virus probably kept her up and she discovered a whole new time of day. I don't know but what I did was dinner, warm bath, bed... every night. Even if we were off time schedule the actions remained the same. I also gave him one of my really comfy sweaters to sleep with.

Now... at almost 4 I am trying to get him out of MY bed. 4am everynight crawls in my bed and goes right back to sleep. lol guess things do not change much.
    Kittie31

Answer by Kittie31 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• If she's only up once a night, she's doing quite well!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I think its probably a phase. My 2.5 year old has been doing the same thing. She would do really well sleeping through the night for a while, then wake up in the middle of the night wanting to snuggle, then go back to sleeping well. I am guessing she is just still little she is still learning to regulate her sleep cycles. Just another thing I am learning to tough out because damn do I like my sleep but I am not seeing much of it lately lol. Hang in there :D
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009