My baby just turned 2, and is still breastfeeding. What do you think of that?

Genuinely.

I get that some don't like the idea, and some are supportive. And some have no opinion of it at all!
So. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think that it is AWESOME that your baby is still getting breast milk. For me personally it is awkward seeing a baby who is old enough to feed themselves being BF though. BUT THAT IS JUST ME.
    Anonymous

• Great! Keep up the good work! Lucky baby!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i thinks it way pass popn ur tit.. to me its just nasty..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 5:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• its freaking amazing..i bfed my dd until she was 2yrs and 3mths old.....good for you
    married-in-06

Answer by married-in-06 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My son just turned a year and I am open to nursing him until he is two. I will rethink nursing him longer if we make it that far. Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with it, BUT there are days when I feel persecuted for continuing to nurse my 1yr old. `Some days I feel like everyone all but tells me I'm a bad mother for it. While I don't intentionally hide it, I don't draw attention to it to non-supportive family and friends. I get tired of justifying myself and explaining that it is perfectly normal and healthy to them. Frustrating, really. Of course, non of the naysayers have actually sucessfully breastfed any of their own children so I try not to let their opinions get to me too terribly much.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I agree with the anon 5:21. If it were me, I'd pump. But, it's just me. And I also think it's great you're still going strong!!
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My baby is 2.5 and is still nursing. I never thought I'd go this long and certainly didn't intend to. My daughter nursed until she was 13 months when she easily weaned all on her own with no push from me...I thought it would be the same with my son... What is shocking to me is how many people judge me for it, like I'm doing something wrong. I bet you get lots of answers about how gross or wrong or whatever it is...but they don't know, only listen to those who have been there...

I hide it from my family, but even my very best friends always say, 'you have to cut that kid off!' I get that people think its icky, for lack of a better word, but it just happens. Recently I called the Le Leche League for support and the woman I talked to was so understanding. She made me realize that my son still needs me in this way, it is NOT weird and it won't be forever.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• throwing up

Anonymous

• I'm the :21 poster, my only thing is that I don't want to SEE it.. it doesn't bother me that you still DO it.. does that make sense? It is weird for me seeing a child (really not a baby anymore) who can walk and talk and feed themselves nurse.. that is all.
    Anonymous

• Okay, good for you.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009