Equate (Walmart brand) pregnancy test

I took one last night and at first it looked like BFP but the + sign was ehh a little light the line that went from right to left was dark but the one that went from North to South was lighter. It stayed like that for awhile but after a couple of minutes it started dissapearing and then totally vanished. So I am wondering has this happened to anyone else? The positive took awhile to show up as well. I am going to buy another test today after work, but I was just wondering...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try clearblue if your unsure and if your able too.

Its simple. It says pregnant or not pregnant , lol, I took about 20 pregnancy tests this time around,
    I'm always in denial but I am indeed pregnant. :)

GOOD LUCK I hope you get the results you want
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 6:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Same thing happened to me with that brand and even though light, it was right I was preggo. Congrats!
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter what brand you use. If it is even lightly positive than it is. You are only suppose to look at it for about 3-5 minutes that is your results if you wait a long time then it will do whatever and you shouldn't even pay attention to that. Get another one and take it. Good luck!!!
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• hmmmm, I would question it too.....I used an Equate test and it can out positive, but the line that made the + a + was really thin, like a thread or less, but it indeed was a positive. What color was the dye? I have heard that blue dyes are notorious for evaporation lines.(the one I took was purple?) Try looking at peeonastick.com, they have all the test brands and sensitivities, maybe you could find some useful info there! Good Luck!
    littlestchef

Answer by littlestchef at 5:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I took an Equate test and the one line was dark and the other was super light. I even tried to convince myself I was seeing things and that it wasnt even there cause it was so light! Lol. So I took the other one (2 pack) in the AM with my first morning pee and it was the same but a tiny bit darker. It was right! I now have a 17 month old DD! It was just very early in pregnancy. Id say you're more than likely pregnant.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I've used the equate brand to find out with all my pregnancies and they were all very light the first time but i waited a week or two and took another and it was darker. They were all right. Congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2009