Question for people in Orlando??

I know the forecast is HOT as hell, but what are your nights like. Is it getting cool enough for a light sweater???

redderbedder

Asked by redderbedder at 6:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Travel

• Not if you are coming this week! It is 90's in the day and 79-80 at night. This coming up weekend it's supposed to be "cooler", like low 80's in the day (I'm watching the weather right now, lol). Lows will be in the 60's. I would still bring a sweater and a pair of jeans to be safe =)
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would still bring one just in case. Air conditioners are sometimes set low and it can be cold inside.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Can you guys answer for me too? We are coming in Jan. whats it like then?
    Anonymous

• It can be cool one year, cold the next year, and warm the following year. I've been in Florida for 31 years. Normally, it doesn't get too cool until mid December through mid Feb. A light sweater will be fine. I own a few leather jackets for winter. Last year I didn't get to wear any sweaters or my leather jackets because it was so warm. The first winter I was here it got down into the upper 30's.
    BTW - not all of Florida is hot as hell. Orlando is hot because there is no breeze. The coast is much more comfortable.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I just got back yesterday and no it's still hot as H3ll at night. lol. i think it got down to the 80's at night while we were there. I am to understand that this is a little warmer than normal for this time of year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• January will be cooler, but what is cool to us Floridians might be summer weather to Northerners, lol. We have spent plenty of Christmas' in shorts, FL weather in the winter is a little more unpredictable. We could have a freeze and then 2 days later it could be 85.
    So this is what I would do in January. Bring jeans and long sleeves and a jacket, but not your heavy duty snow jacket. I would bring one pair of shorts and a couple of t-shirts. If it is warmish you could wear short sleeves with your jeans. Bring your bathing suits too, most hotels and resorts have heated pools.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2009