IS it ok to drink egg nog while 27 weeks prego?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. Whether it is pasteurized or not, you are not supposed to have raw eggs. Yes, pasteurized raw eggs are far safer than unpasteurized ones, but what's even safer is no raw eggs at all.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Commercially prepared eggnog is made from pasteurized eggs, therefore it is safe for pregnant women. Homemade eggnog made with raw eggs is not safe, as it can contain salmonella.
    Anonymous

• Store bought eggnog is fine, it's pastuerized. If you make it homemade, use eggbeaters instead of eggs from a carton, they've been pasteurized, and are safe to use raw.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Where do you live that's already got egg nog on the store shelves??? Man I need to live there! lol
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• its in Kentucky
    Anonymous

• Good Question, because Thanksgiving is creeping up and I LOVE EGG NOG. The Dr says not to have anything like that with egg products, but my out look on this is... one cup will not hurt you. There are some woman out there who do far worse and dont give a hoot, the fact you are asking shows you display concern. I say one cup serving wouldnt hurt you. I always say it, way back in the day before they had all this information of do's and dont's woman ate anything, drank anything and babaies came out fine. I am not saying dont follow the rules but to break one every now and then wont hurt. Just dont over indulge because too much isnt good at all. Hope my opinion helps.
    brkr082005

Answer by brkr082005 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2009