Has anybody ever had to have a perennial repair long after the birth of their child?

My son is 7 months old. I had an episiotomy and a bad tear. I had stitches but still had pain months later. My OB-GYN said that there is skin that is fused together that shouldn't be. My husband said that he noticed the doctor stitched the area that they are saying fused together. Is this normal? Has anybody ever experienced it? It appears to me to be a doctor's mistake but they are saying it is more likely the skin fused together on its own then that the doctor made a mistake. Can anybody give me some info here? I am not sure where to go from here. Please tell me if this has happened and if it can "fuse" or if it is a doctor's error. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Skin won't "fuse" together unless it's in it's natural place. (Like: If this "happens," then why aren't my labia lips stuck together??)
    If a mom tears without a repair she can still heal ("fuse").
    I would get a second opinion. Do you know of another doctor or midwife that can see you? (sooner the better)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2009