Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Ok, so about a month ago I had severe stomach cramps, to the point where I couldn't move. I googled it and decided it was the flu so I didn't concern myself with going to the dr. Now a month later, it happened again. This time, I realized a connection it was right before my monthly. It stayed same amount of time, 3 days THEN as soon as my monthly started the cramping stopped and now it's just sore. Also I realized it was more of a cramping in my pelvic area not my stomach. I googled it and found it MAY be endometriosis. Here is my issue....I have no insurance. Should I go to the dr still and just incur the cost? Will it go away on its own or just keep getting worse? AND what if it isn't treated...then what happens?


Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I'd say if you can, get state help!! (badger care) It may be a pain to try and get.....but it helps A LOT with cost of bills and wouldn't really have much of one. Hope this helps somewhat. If you do decide to go in (it would probably be costly), but if you can go to the hospital billing office and ask for a community care form! It is a charity where people who don't have the money to pay their hospital bills can maybe get it all covered! (Where you'd get your bill paid for!) Also, try and get foodshare (food stamp money) if you do try and apply for state help! Hope this somewhat helps! Good Luck!

    Answer by sherbear84 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • Well, if it is endometriosis, it will only get worse over time because everytime you have a period little bits can spread. You can manage it with pain medicine but eventually you'll need to have an ultrasound to see how bad it is and then treatment. I had mine lasered but I was done having kids.

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • The doctor can do very little for you if it is endometriosis. They will most likely give you pain meds, offer to put you on birth control pills to regulate your hormones or put you on the depo shot to stop your periods from coming all together. If you are uninsured, try the county health department. Say you are coming in for an annual pap. They can diagnose you for free or cheap. My mom and my SIL have it BAD. The best thing you can do to begin to control it is to radically change your diet. Gluten-free and highly alkaline diets can control this condition. Msg me if you want to learn about this diet.

    Answer by ecodani at 7:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • sooo, i just talked to someone and they said since Im in my early 20s its unlikely that it is endometriosis and probably JUST CRAMPS?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2009