Baby Shower Question...

There wont be kids allowed as the Church that I am having my shower at doesnt want kids there cause its there cleaning day.. Is that rude to not invite kids? How do I put in the invite that no kids are allowed?

Baileysmom22304

Asked by Baileysmom22304 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its not rude...but some people have a hard time finding a sitter for those kind of things. I wouldn't exspect to many people to come( if alot of them have kids that is). Just put that it must be only adults due to church rules or something.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 7:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Its not rude at all. I didnt invite kids to mine either. Except liek my close cousins or ones like that are teenagers. Just address it to the mom and at the bottom of the invite put like mommys only please or something like that. Or put like attention Ladies or something so they get the point but your not writing no kids. Also word of mouth will help to. When people rsvp whoever they call just say you would rather them not bring their kids if they ask.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Could you hire a babysitter to stay at your house with the Mommies who can't find sitters? I know how difficult it is to find a babysitter ala Saturday afternoon, please just don't be mad when a Mom can't make it, my DH works on Saturday, and I cannot tell you how many things I have had to miss. Maybe you could change the venue? Chucky Cheese baby shower anyone--LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Make it a daddy party at your place or elsewhere-- the dads can have a playgroup, watch the kids, moms are free.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• huuum i didn 't think about the kids. i hope noone brings any to mine cause my house won't house that ,many people plus kids. yikes. i would suspect that the husband would be the sitters for the time the mothers are gone. i feel not rude at all.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My shower is not until next month, but my mom actually asked that children under 13 did not come. I am hispanic and um quite frankly a regular party is a bit much with my family and half the time people just let their kids play on the dance floor in the hall. My shower will be unisex and my mom and wanted an atmospehre without little kids running around or possibly getting hurt, messing decorations up. It should be a relaxing time for you your spouse/significant other and the guests to enjoy. Besides I think most parents dont mind finding a baby sitter it gives them a break as well.
    brkr082005

Answer by brkr082005 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2009