breastfeeding question..

i'm new to breastfeeding just had my son yesterday and everytime i try to breastfeed him with my left boob it hurts the riight doesnt. is this normal? anything i can do to help it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try getty your boob more in his mouth. I had the same problem...you just have to try to get him to latch on to a little more of it, or deal with the pain till his mouth is alittle bigger
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 7:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i have that problem with both boobs it feels fine till theres not much milk left then it hurts and i cant seem to get him to latch correctly or he does then pulls it out just enough to make it hurt everyone told me after 2wks it wouldnt hurt anymore well it's been 2wks and it still hurts hopefully you dont have the same problems im having congrats and gl!
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 7:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• What position are you using?

Anonymous

• It IS normal for some discomfort. Check with a IBCLC to make sure you have the latch correct. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• the football hold helped me so much with that. Just positioning her differently made all the difference in the world.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 8:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• One side hurt for me more than the other also. Although they both didn't feel that great at first, it took a month or so before I was comfortable with it. I did the football hold also at first and that did help on the side that hurt more. don't give up! It will get better :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• try cuping your breast to were the nipple is flat and fits in his mouth better.also try pumping from the one that hurts first than feed him from it.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• oh,i always didi the laying down when i nursed,if that helps
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009