Having male friends while being married

Is it alright to do? To have a male friend to talk to through email, text and get together often. Just friends though?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have several male friends. My husband has close female friends. We are both grown ups and we trust each other.
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 7:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• no
    nichole579

Answer by nichole579 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Yes if it is someone you knew before DH, but if it is a random person you met online who is straight, I would have to question his motives! I have men friends, hubby has female friends we go out together with our single friends and once in a while without one another, I trust my hubby and he has trust in me, but I wouldn't care for a "new" female relationship that he only spent alone time with!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My ex-daughter-in-law thought it was ok. Then it was ok to go out with her "friends" for her needed break from her life. Then she had an affair, an then another, and then another. They were all just her friends. Did I mention she is my EX-DIL?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• its ok as long as its friend only relationship
    Anonymous

• It depends on how old fashioned your are.

GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 8:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I have this problem because I only have one or two girl friends, I just generally get along with guys better. My husband doesn't really care for me to get together with my old buddies, though so I rarely do it. Sucks, I really get along with guys...
    Sarah1220

Answer by Sarah1220 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i have male friends but my husband has met them. and most are still in colorado from before my move to arkansas. the one i was close to here just passed away a couple months ago (which broke my heart btw he was like a brother) and DH has been way supportive. i think at first DH was a lil jealous bc i'm a country girl and he's not haha....so he would make lil comments like dont go leave me for a cowboy when i would go to the rodeo or somethin. but he's better now.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2009