God is not the Creator...

The notion of God as the Creator is wrong, claims a top academic, who believes the Bible has been wrongly translated for thousands of years.

Professor Ellen van Wolde, a respected Old Testament scholar and author, claims the first sentence of Genesis "in the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth" is not a true translation of the Hebrew.

She claims she has carried out fresh textual analysis that suggests the writers of the great book never intended to suggest that God created the world -- and in fact the Earth was already there when he created humans and animals.

link below...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It does not say that god is not real or that your religion is false. It is not even saying god did not create you. She said that the story should have been translated that god seperated the heavens from the earth and the land from the water. If you think on it it actually gives your faith a stronger standing when you look at how scientists think the world was formed
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It doesn't change my perspective at all.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 7:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• ...and???

if it is in this article IT MUST BE true LOL
    Anonymous

• Wow...I would say that her revelation is a great one to think about. I think I agree with her. Many Hebrew translations here misinterpreted throughout the bible,amongst many other things. There is a such thing, an energy, that is known as "Heka." Many ppl believe that "heka" was misinterpreted to be known as "God," when in fact they contradict one another. I think that ppl should listen to her. She isn't saying that God does not exist or that He is not great; She is saying that there was a beginning and IN that beginning was God, but that God is not THE beginning. The truth is always hidden in plan sight.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• we all know the bible has been torn apart and been translated over and over again. inspite of that i didn't open link i still believe that god rules all and his plan for his children, etc. anyone can look and see if they look hard enough for reason not to believe the bible and such but that is why your asked to believe through faith and that to me is stronger then any ones convictions or articles.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I think its a wonderful addition to the discussion of how the earth was created and all that jazz.

She has a degree and the knowledge and so I cant very well say she's wrong and frankly Id buy her word over someone who just claims to know the bible in and out super well cuz they read it a lot,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• generally speaking, things are lost in translation, i almost became a spanish translator.... you can never say the exact same thing with the same implications to different cultures.... i wouldnt doubt during the many transitions the bible has gone through to become one of the versions we use now... i dont know what those lost part or wrong parts are so it is also a good thing that i dont take it literally but understand that most things are metaphors in the book.

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It doesnt matter what anyone says... GOD IS the Creator!!

YOM = DAY(24 hours) was used in Genesis and has been used hundreds of times.. there is another hebrew word refering to like (the other day ) with no specification of what actual day it was..

Anyway.. why is it that it is only genesis that the word "day" is taken out of context and no where else in the bible do people debate about it..

Just accept it God Made his Word, and his Word was GOD breathed.. He knew what he was writing... why question him? He is the I AM
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 8:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• God still loves you all--even if you don't love him
    Anonymous