Do you and your SO disagree about what temp the thermostat gets set on?

My husband will have the heat at 73 or higher and it pisses me off. Its not even about the cost, although that is an issue, I really just can't stand being all hot and sweaty when its not even summertime!! I like the temp to be 67 during the day and 62 at night. My twins wear footed sleepers and have a blanket so I know they are fine. They actually sleep better and longer when I turn the heat down. My husband thinks if he puts the heat up to 74, it will heat up the house quicker, but any smart person knows thats not the case.

Whats your beef with your SO about the temp?

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 7:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• In the summer DF keeps it at 73, in the winter 68. I'm always cold, he is always hot. I sleep with a comforter, he sleeps under a sheet. He can wear shorts and tshirts around the year and I just can't do it. We can barely cuddle because he gets so hot, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 7:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• no beef he does what i say. on rare occassions we disagree on whether it's cold or not cause any slight fan wind makes me freeze while the rest of family says it's nice. of course i have no meat on my bones. so i just use a blanket. i would say our house is in the middle for both of us to enjoy. maybe you guys can take turns adjusting the temp from one day to the next until one day you find what temp works for both of you and the family. i can't believe you guys are using heat. although i do live in hot arizona where heat is rarely used. maybe one day out of the winter.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• We usually agree. Sometimes during the winter I want it a little warmer in the house, but for the most part we agree. Now we have issues over the ceiling fans. I want them on all the time, I have to have the circulation, however he does not like to have them on because he gets a chill. Being the wonderful husband he is, he will almost always let me keep the fans on.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Well we live in michigan and its been bordering on freezing temps the last few nights. Today the HIGH temp was only 42. I think CPS could take my kids away if I didnt use the heat, lol.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 8:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Well we disagree, but DH lets me keep it at whatever temp. I want,but I like it colder at night, around 68 and he says its freezing. During the day I keep it between 70 and 72.
    cs_1498

Answer by cs_1498 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2009