Do you and your SO disagree about what temp the thermostat gets set on?

My husband will have the heat at 73 or higher and it pisses me off. Its not even about the cost, although that is an issue, I really just can't stand being all hot and sweaty when its not even summertime!! I like the temp to be 67 during the day and 62 at night. My twins wear footed sleepers and have a blanket so I know they are fine. They actually sleep better and longer when I turn the heat down. My husband thinks if he puts the heat up to 74, it will heat up the house quicker, but any smart person knows thats not the case.

Whats your beef with your SO about the temp?

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 7:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG yes but were the opposite of you. I dont like it hot and sweaty but I like to be cozy. LIke I want to be warm but cold enough so i can still sleep with a blanket. While Dh had the air conditioning on in our room last night! And it was real chilly! lol
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i'm the same as the pp, i like it to be cozy enough to where i can still curl up with a blanket and not die of heat and sweat. as for my dh though, he likes it hot.

when i'm hot, he's cold. when i'm cold, he's hot. i can never ask him to go outside and let me know how the weather is, so i can get the kids and my clothes together for the day. i did that once and regretted it. we should have been wearing the exact opposite of what i got out.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• No, never. We try to keep the temp low because of the cost. I like it cool at night, and I like snuggling under a warm blanket. He doesn't care, and just uses a sheet. During the day, we both wear sweaters and slippers.

Answer by Bmat at 8:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My SO wants to freeze me to death, day and night!!! I'm very cold natured and even worse right now since I'm prego. It was 52 the other night, and he still had to have a fan blowing on us and the damn ceiling fan on!!! I was like a popsicle!!! I coulda killed him especially since he is always like, "I'm hot!" Well why on earth does he steal all the covers at night then?!?! lol
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• we absolutely don't agree. he has it at 65 year round. It's like the flipping arctic in here. I have a flannel blanket and wear sweats and a hoodie year round. It's ridiculous
    Jani2594

Answer by Jani2594 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Nope. DH and i both love it cold and we sleep better when it's cold and Im thinking my daughter does too which is why her sleeping patterns have been so crazy. We live with my parents for the time being and they keep it at 74 all day and night. But their room is always under 70 for some weird reason and our room is always hot. Makes no sense and it drives me crazy. Ill go to bed and be nice and chilly....wake up two hours later sweaty.
    Anonymous

• lol, I'm a hawaii girl, dh is from Breckenridge, CO, so you can imagine our struggles with temp...
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• OMG YES!!! It's like our constant battle. I'm always freezing and he's always, in his own words, sweating his balls off". It's like we can never get it to where we both feel comfortable. So he'll sit in shorts and a tank top while I'm in sweats and a blanket. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2009