Isn't it normal to feel stressed anxiety depressed?

why do doctors/commercials make it seem abnormal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• well they are normal emotions, but if it is a constant thing, triggered by "the small things", drives you to suicidal thoughts, you become anti-social, or your self esteem decreases, than it is a chemical imbalance which is where doctors and medicine come in.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• yah, I think its just more people experience it/ its become more "OK" to talk about and admit to having. I hate all pill commericals. I think it its fearmongering and panders to the paranoid and uneducated. I know we have to advocate for ourselves since lord knows doctors like to blow you off, but pharmaceuticals make enough money by buying off doctors- they don't need to prey on us, too. But no, the levels of anxiety and depression that those commercials are talking about are the kind that inhibit your ability to function in society. I have ADD with mild anxiety so if I have something to do and I don't know where to start (a common ADD issue), I can freeze up and feel anxiety that makes it even harder to function. So stuff like that isn't normal. We all get that here and there, though.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You know, it's not normal to feel stressed, anxiety ridden and depressed all the time. I think we get used to it but it's not normal.
    Anonymous

• It is all about making money for the pharmaceutical companies.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2009