Where does everyone shop for their kids toys

My daughter is 3 and I was just wondering where you guys do most of your Christmas shopping for your kids?

psurmont

Asked by psurmont at 8:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Walmart for me. =) Occasionally I will get something from toys r us if walmart doesn't have it.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• toy r us has a rebate program .. my mom and dad have the extra cards so when they buy my son something all the points go to the same account and you get giftcard rebates when you spend a certain amount. there is also a little chain of toy stores called thinker toys... idk if they are online but they have lots of unique old fashioned toys that kids still love.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• yard sales, thrift stores, second hand stores, or walmart. i don't go to the "high end" stores, there is no point. especially since kids love toys for 5 minutes and you find them in the back of the closet 5 minutes later. that and they outgrow them.
    Anonymous

• Target, sometimes Toys r Us (if we can't find it at Target). Mostly just Target.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Kohls when they have extra 30% off for card holders. I get little people things for under $10 there. Also ebay is great. You get amazing deals and hard to find items for almost nothing. I also shop at goodwill. They have some really nice toys that other kids just grew out of. Also, I just heard that Target will be cutting toy prices in half to lure people into their stores so keep your eyes out! oh oh! haha and potterybarnkids.com has amazing clearance. I got toys for under $15 with tax and they're so unique. can you tell I'm a big bargain hunter? :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I shop on Craigslist. I can afford paying full price but i just cant stomach it, not for something my son will only play with for a short time. Now if its something I really want and it doesn't come up on Craigslist, I'll hit the yard sales or post a want ad. Sometimes I do consignment sales. I pay only 25% or less.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• fatbraintoys.com
    hearthsong.com
    backtobasicstoys.com
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I shop at walmart, target, and toy r us mainly. If we are out at some other place that has a toy that ds wants i'll get it like at marshalls, ross, and walgreens.

aidens_mama06

Answer by aidens_mama06 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Walmart, Target, Toys r us!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Funfinity has some cool toys..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2009