What's your Habit/OCD Thing?

Mine is everytime I go to the bathroom I have to flush the toilet BEFORE I use it! I have no idea why, I just do! (I still flush afterwards!) :)

lovinthislife08

Asked by lovinthislife08 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My closet also has to be in a specific order (LS, SS, pants, slacks, skirts, dresses, etc. and by season and comfort). The same goes for my bureau drawers - each and every items has to be folded a very specific way and placed in a specific drawer a very specific way.
    Towels in the bathroom have to coordinate and be hung in a very specific way. The shower curtain must always be spread out evenly to dry evenly. The bathmat, toilet seat, trashcan, and sink has to be sprayed with Lysol every morning and night. All items have to be placed in a specific spot in a specific direction.
    The furniture in my home has to be placed in exactly specific spots in order to create orderliness and harmony. The windows, when open, must be opened at the same height. The blinds must also be at the same height and open to the exact same degree.
    Everything has it's place and I have specific routines I follow.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My doors. The ones leading out side . Are always locked. Even when I am at home.

Answer by louise2 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Everything has to be in size order, no matter what it is .
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I was diagnosed as OCD in high school. When I became a mom, a lot of my OCD traits disappeared, but then new ones appeared...LOL. I brush my teeth in the same direction, with the same amount of rotations, and for the same length of time everytime...to the point where my gum lines have been worn down some, which I already had a dentist tell me about.

Eventhough I know I just put my keys in my purse, I will double check and TOUCH them before I shut and lock my doors.

In our kitchen cabinets, all of our canned foods are in group orders.

In my closet, all my clothes and my family's clothes are categorized...long sleeve tops, short sleeve tops, tank tops, dresses, skirts, pants, jeans, coats, etc.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 8:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• JamiDesigns, I do the same thing with my car keys. Also everytime I walk by the doors or windows I have to check to see if they are locked (even if I already know they are locked).
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My sister has one where when we go shopping, whatever item she's getting, she can't get the first one. She has to get the one behind it. It always has to be the second one or she FLIPS!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

•  I sanitize my hands over and over and over, I make my family do it too until I can wash with anti-bac soap.

My closets also have to be in order from short sleeve,tank top, long sleeve, pants.

I hold my breath when I'm in big crowds or have to walk by people, if someone coughs or sneezes in public I will walk all the way to another isle to get away from them. Now, this is only other people who bother me, people disgust me, they are just ugh gross. yuck.

Contrary to my weird behavior my daughter is pretty normal, she is very hygienic but I try and hide my OCD from her so she can at least be normal lol

Anonymous

• I sadly have a few my doors MUST be locked at all times, my food can not touch on my plate, and I always have to check if the stove is off and if the kitchen counter appliances are unplugged ,and that my security system is on drives my poor DH crazy but
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I pick, at scabs, sores, spots, zits, bump, stickers on wall, paint, dirt, everything.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2009