What SHOULD I have said????

Hubby is out of town this week and DS has been pretty sick, as a special treat I took him out for Mexican tonight, it is his favorite! We were sitting there talking about his Halloween costume etc... We ordered and I ordered a margarita, the lady in the back booth gets up and asks me if I am driving home, I was like um yes WHY??? She said it was improper to have a drink in front of my son, I just sat there really not knowing what to do.... I don't ever have more than one, and we had to walk across the street and shop for about an hour anyway, should I have said something or just ignoring her was the right thing to do? My 4 year old kept asking me, Mommy what did that lady want! In search of your thoughts~

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 8:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• God, I love it when strangers pull that crap. What you should have said is, "Just wait till the tequila shots arrive!"

Seriously, it was out of line for her. We've all been there, don't let it bug you, she should keep her mouth shut.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i would of said mind your own bussiness
    Anonymous

• I would have ignored her as well. Some things just aren't worth the hassle.

And seriously, does she think your kid even realizes your drink has alcohol (or even what it is) at that age? As long as you aren't offering it to him, you're not doing anything wrong.

Oh, and this is coming from a non-drinker.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• "Thank you for your opinion. " then if you wanted to, you could go on to say, "But this is none of your business." smiling sweetly all of the time.

She was out of line. I suppose she felt that she needed to say something.

Answer by Bmat at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I also don't drink and wish the right answer were, "pop her in the nose and tell her to mind her own beeswax!"

Unfortunately, Bmat's answer "thank you for your opinion." is probably the best. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 8:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I very rarely drink, and not that I am defending this "Nosy Nancy", I, too might question a mom by herself ordering an alcoholic drink in front of a child. I'd never say anything though, that is her decision.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 9:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009