how do you deal w/ an insensitive man?

I've been w/ my bf for 2 1/2 years. He knew from the get go that I had a daughter. things have been bad as of late. He's become so selfish that I'm really thinking about leaving. He used to be ok about helping out with the house and watching my daughter who is 9 for an hour if she didn't want to go to the store w/ me. Lately though he goes behind me when I clean and critiques it and points out what I "missed" . He complains about dinner, he doesn't help w/ with the groceries anymore, and he said that I should be "careful" when leaving my daughter home because someone might find out she's alone and take her away from me. Its getting scary. so now she goes wherever i go and i just do things on my own now. I don't need this. I want a partnership. I know the kids not his but she's a part of me and I don't know what to do other than leave. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• i would say leave him but thats my opion i mean if u dont feel like u r treated as u should u can do better...and def dont leave ur daughter around him anymore...jus tto be safe
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I agree with firstimemom. You don't need this and neither does your daughter. Leaving may be the best thing for you. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Accept him as he is or leave.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Leave him, find a new path, your daughter does not need this as an example of how men treat women! There is a whole life out there for you, go and get it girl!! God Bless you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Doesn't sound like he's trying too hard to make this relationship successful. Leave. Besides, you need to set a good example for your dd. Some woman time may be a good thing. She's watching how you're living and she's learning. She might begin to think it's normal and okay for a man to treat a woman this way. She may also begin to believe it's okay to live with a man when you're not married. I'm not judging you here, I'm just saying, when you're raising a child, you have to raise the bar higher for yourself.

Show her how to be strong, how do be right, and that women can do many things, including take care of herself. If he's treating you like crap, leave. It's not like you're married to him.

Anonymous