Do you know how to look for jobs on Craigslist?

Seriously, in my area, about every job that is advertised is a SCAM. Here is what I have learned: If it has a gmail email address, it's a scam. If it says they will pay 15.00 on up, it's a scam. If it specifically says your area, without the town, it is a scam. Anyone else??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Actually, I have come across the same thing but didn't know about the gmail address. Good to know and it explains the eruption of trash email I've now been getting. Probably will search elsewhere. Thanks!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• There are legitimate jobs, though...my own station uses craigslist. And DH just applied for a job with the Annenberg Foundation that was on Craigslist.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• There are a lot of scams out there and it's pretty good that you are being cautious but if you are too cautious you could pass up a lot of good opportunities also. I am a stay at home mom to my now 2 year old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Yes, depending what type of job you are looking for. Craigslist has alot of scams, so be careful. Don't give them too much information. Many moms choose to work at home with a company that will allow them to choose their own hours to work around their family's schedule. I have been working at home for 4 years. If you would like more info about our company you can email me at evelynmarieg@yahoo.com
    MarieEvelyn

Answer by MarieEvelyn at 9:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• There are scam jobs on CareerBuilder, and Monster, too. You need to use the same search terms on CraigsList that you use on the traditional job boards or meta-search sites (like Indeed or Simply Hired).

I do career and job search coaching; please contact me if you have any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• This op has been delayed, But this is GREAT news because that means there is an extension for joining PPL for ONLY $72 for the business and 12.95 a month for adding the Identity Theft shield plus a 1x fee of 10 for set-up. This is only a SHORT extension .... a matter of days, so I encourage you to join today on the biggest explosion for PPL. You get a free Blastoff site before the rest of the world to spread to the world. anyone can join under you and your PPL legal info will be open to all your downline and thier downline, and theirs, and theirs...etc...millions of people will see your legal plans and you wont even have to spk to them if they want to join. Not only is PPL a NY stock echange company, which means, a legit company, for 36 yrs and counting, it is a reputable company with an A+ rating w/ the BBB. So get in on this ground floor opportunity today
    REMEMBER ONLY DAYS IF NOT HRS BEFORE THE PRICE GOES BACK UP TO $249
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2009