Can it EVER be more than "just friends"?

He says for now he's not ready for a relationship, but maybe someday if things lead there than he's ok with that. Right now we're "just friends" and we're both cool with that. But I just read an article on Cosmo that pretty much states, once he sees me as a friend, that's it. No relationship, EVER. I was kinda of holding out some hope that maybe one day we could take this further. What do ya'll think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree with Cosmo.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I think I agree with Cosmo. A friend and I tried dating one time, and it just didn't work. Now our friendship isn't what it used to be, and that really sucks. I think if you start as friends with the idea that you're working toward what will hopefully be more, it can work, but if he only sees you as a friend, then that's probably all it will ever be. :( Sorry.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I know so few couples that started as friends but occasionally it happens. One fantastic couple in particular so there's a hair of hope but I'd date other people and try to move on. If he sees you dating, he may change his mind and if not, you're moving on.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My dh and I started out as friends, BUT there was always an attraction there from the get go on both our sides, we just didn't share it until one night we just kissed. It wasn't as if we were friends for a long time and then decided to date. There was that attraction.

I think you should just go out there and find somebody else. Enjoy this friendship, but don't hold out for him. You might be missing out on somebody really special out there. You won't find Mr. Right if you're not looking.

Have you read "He's Just Not That Into You"? You probably should. It's a good, quick read and will make you re-think your situation. He's saying he's not ready for a relationship because he probably doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Sorry.... : (
    Anonymous

• read the book "he's just not that into you" it's pretty obvious and my girlfriend pointed that out when had her read it. of course it's obvious that's why i gave it to her so taht she would see that the guy she was dating was using her and not that into her. she gave it back, never read all of it and kept seeing that loser guy. i was sick of hearing about him. i personally don't agree with the cosmo artical. in some or even in most cases thats true. i was just friends with my HUSBAND. although i saw him as that not that he saw me as that. go get the book. you'll love it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My advice would be for you to go out and find a real man who is ready to be in a relationship with you. Your friend will either be glad or be jealous but either way he will let you know.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Cosmo's right!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Go out on dates but don't be childish and over flaunt it, just somehow get him to see you are dating
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2009