How do I get my 19 month old to quit playing with her poop?!!!!!

We started potty training her about two months ago and she had done really well until 3 weeks ago. Now, she won't poo in the potty anymore. We try and try. we know she has to go but she just won't. We'll find her playing in it soon after. I just don't know what do do anymore. We have tried time-out, spanking even having her pick up her own poo and tell her that is gross like the garbage! (which she stays away from) So I need some answers. Please.

katie73900ut

Asked by katie73900ut at 9:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't leave her alone with it. She's a very young toddler. If she doesn't want you next to her then sit on a folding chair or something in the hall. Sometimes little ones just aren't ready even though we want them to be potty trained.

Try a reward sticker on a paper than can be moved from one place to another to show off and remind her of great accomplishments!!!!

Be careful or she'll be painting with it!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2009