What can I expect??

My doctor is sending me to the hospital in the morning for another NST & ultrasound to check baby's heart rate, my BP, & my AFI, which if they haven't changed for the better (or especially if they've gotten worse) she wants to induce. What should I expect if I do get induced? Should I be taking my hospital bag with me? Is there anything I should eat/drink (or avoid eating/drinking) before going? Should I take it extra easy tonight?? Any suggestions or advice??

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I was induced 4 yrs ago. I had to be on a empty stomach. They will get you settled into your room and check the baby's heart rate and then start to get you ready. They will give you an IV and break your water if need be. I walked the hospital halls for an hour or so and then I stayed in bed once I was so far dilated. Then you will go from there.

Relax tonight. Pack your bag and put it in the car in case. Good luck!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• non stress test you want to well not drink anything real sweet or eat anything with lots of sugar or caffiene like they tell you with a sono. because i could mess there mesurements up... and yeah take your bag with you just in case you can always leave it in your car unless your are getting a room at L&D

being induced means they are going to give you pitocin thrugh liquid IVs that they will give you anyway. its to make your body have contractions and move things along... i didnt personally like the stuff it gave me bad back labor then i had natural front labor alternating each other... ive hurd it gives alot of people back labor..

Dont be scared about how i described it ... its not a fun process but its well worth the pain and you can always get meds to help out just go as long as you can till you honest to god cant take it any more i did

GOOD LUCK HUN!
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 10:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP
    eat and drink whatever you feel like!!
    (eh-- within reason, lol.)

I don't know... I like to suggest that moms ask ALL their questions, see how things play out.

If induction is decided upon (recommended), be sure to ask some questions, like:

How urgent is this intervention?
    What are the risks? Benefits?
    Are there alternatives?
    What are the risks? Benefits?
    How long do I have to talk this over before making my decision?

Also, you might ask what their preferred course of action is (method of induction)
    and to get your Bishop's Score.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2009