What do you do when you are emotionally exhausted?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Retreat to the bathtub w/ a glass of wine and then go to bed and keep away from the phone and other commitments for a few days.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• The first thing you do is take care of your physical self. Eat nourishing food, drink adequate liquids, get enough rest and try to sleep, get exercise every day- fresh air if possible. Keeping yourself physically cared for will help your emotions heal. Try to find something that you enjoy. A book you like, music, a movie, walking around the shopping mall, a dish of ice cream, emailing a buddy. Try to get that spark of enjoyment lit again. Eventually you'll find that light at the end of the tunnel and be able to enjoy life again.

Answer by Bmat at 9:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Hot bath, then read the bible.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 9:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i eat hot wheat cereal with milk and i sleep. both strengthen me emotionally and physically. and i step back and think about choices instead of aching for solution. realizing i have choices and concentrating on comparisons instead of only one goal lessens my stress.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Have a girls night out/weekend away. If that isn't an option, just a few hours by myself either at home to relax (take a bath/read/sleep etc...) or at the mall (even if I only spend $1 for a drink just walking around helps me). Other times I've taken a drive by myself up to Santa Fe (I'm in Rio Rancho, NM so it's about a 2 hour round trip).
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I cry on and off the whole night. I rarely cry, so I always feel so much better after I do.

Anonymous

• Cry
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It depends.
    I either just have a good ranting/venting session with my best friend then have a hearty cry. Then I'm all back to normal.

Or I just turn on loud, rock your heart out music and zone out.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Depends on how bad it is. Sometimes I'll have a good cry and then a nap. If I can escape somewhere by myself for 2-3 hours every few weeks then I am usually ok and don't have to go into a melt down. I like to go to the library, book store, or even spend the morning going around to yard sales. As long as it is purely for fun with no chores or errands- like grocery shopping.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2009