If you believe in God is because of faith or a bunch of articles from scholars?

Why do you believe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not religious but more spiritual but I have always known of a higher power. I remember being little and knowing it innately, like it was a body part or something.
    Anonymous

• I believe that faith is a gift from God. Some people choose to accept it, some don't.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Faith because of all that God has done for me!
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 9:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• cause i was a mess without him and when i brought him back into it he has made my life have a purpose and meaning.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I believe in the universe...i more spiritual..... I believe in a highter power....i do not believe that every word from the bible is directly from God....it just does not feel right to me....although I believe in God.... :)
    Danickasmom

Answer by Danickasmom at 10:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I believe in a higher power but not the Christian concept of God.
    I believe because Ive always known there was something more out there and I feel it in my heart and soul and things Ive seen in my life lead me to the conclusion.

I realize Ill know more when I die and Im living for the here and now, day by day but I still believe in something more.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

~Friedrich Nietzsche

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I think the whole point of the question is that those with faith do not need proof.

Seek not to understand that you may believe, but believe that you may understand.
    ~Saint Augustine
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• oh look ihartu believes in God now---or she is afraid of Christians answering questions she has to throw her lies. Poor lost lamb
    Anonymous

• I believe in a higher power. I guess I can say that belief is based on faith.
    Jewelzgirl

Answer by Jewelzgirl at 1:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2009