Help! How do I get vomit smell out of my couch?!

My 4 yr old has been sick with the stomach flu, she vomitted this morning on my couch and it still reeks. I've cleaned it twice with upholstry cleaner and sprayed it multiple times with lysol. The lysol works for about a half an hour, then it starts to stink again. I don't know what to use to get the smell out that won't damage the upholstry. It really smells!

ave.maria.

Asked by ave.maria. at 9:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Natures Miracle. You can get it at PetSmart. My sons couch and mattress survived college with him because of it. I know for a fact it takes out the stain and the smell from vomit, as well as pet stains. It is great on all organic stains/smells.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I would gently scrub it again w/ a mild soap like dove or ivory (per suggestion of the guy that sold me my Persian rug). It may need to dry completely but was again and really try to rinse again then spray the Lysol. Good luck. Maybe Nature's Miracle?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I agree with Nature's Miracle. Get a good extraction carpet cleaning machine and use it to suck out the Nature's Miracle after application.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 9:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2009