ok so my dh's long lost bio sister emailed me...

and i don't know what to say! She found me on facebook, probly through my dh's friends list, and emailed me wondering if i was the right person (which obviously i am lol) and that if she's right then i'm her sis and law, she hasn't seen my dh in about 20yrs...well that's a summery. i'm pretty bad when it comes to writing to people i don't know, especially if i don't know what to think about a situation we're in. i mean, i don't want to be rude and write only one thing like "yeah you're right it's me" or whatever...what should i say? in case you have no idea what i'm talking about here's a link:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/310408/complicated_oh_crap_i_dont_know_what_to_think_or_do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Just give it to your husband to respond. Out of respect and loyalty to him you shouldn't respond to her until he does.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I agree with FireLass, ask your husband to respond, if he doesn't want too, then drop it. She will think that your not the right person if he doesn't reply, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• That's a tough one. I found one of my brothers bio kids on myspace and I emailed his fiance (I didn't know his email addy and hers wasn't blocked).
    I had no idea what to say to either of them really. I was really interested in getting to know my brothers children but there's only so much to work with when the person doesn't provide a whole lot either. I offered some advice on a topic or two he'd talked about (school, marriage, children) but then I'm blank.
    I'd ask hubby to help I guess. Or just be honest and say "Yes, it's me... I hope I don't come off as rude or anything but I'm just not good with talking to people I don't know even the ones that are related to me thru my marriage. Take off in conversation and I'll try to follow."
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• oh well, i told my dh she emailed me and he was ok with it. i think he expects me to email her back.
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing happen to me. My long lost sister found me after 24 years. She is 19 years older I am. Quite honestly I wish she would have stayed lost. My ex-father molested me and she knows this, doesn't believe me and still is in contact with him. It's a well known fact that he molested her as well. I explained to her why I didn't want contact with her and of course now she won't go away. I've been trying to get rid of her for 4 years. It's not her fault I was molested and it's her choice to be around him. It just makes me VERY uncomfortable. I started having panic attacks for a while.
    I hope things work out better for your husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2009