I am so confused Should I get my almost 2 year old on friday the H1N1 vaccine?

I am confused if i should get her vaccinated she will be 2 on friday and she isnt in a daycare/prechool she spends all her tme with me and her father and my family at my apt and my parents house and thats where she spends most of her time!we do go to storytime where she has interaction with other children and plays with toys that all children play with too they say they r sanitize once a week is that enough?she also spends time at stores if we have to go shopping,parks,disneyland i dont want to keep her sheltered and not do anything so we I guess will keep doing r normal stuff but it just worries me so much that she could catch sumthing and that drives me crazy!I read its safe to get the H1N1 flu vaccine but that there is still the risk of thimerosal(a perservative that contains mercury) I am worried bc children under 3 can get serious complications ans taht 1 reason i would do it?what do u all think plz let me know!

mybabygirl2007

Asked by mybabygirl2007 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wouldnt and my 16month old isnt getting it,she has had her flu shot already this month though.they dont know all the side affects yet from h1n1 shot.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Yes! But only if it is the shot, NOT the mist. The mist is the live virus and the people that get it actually get the flu and are contagious to the people around them. They are expecting a large number of children to die from this virus. The thing you have to remember is that the virus can live up to 4 days on a surface. So, think about all of the places you go where infected people are and can transfer it to you and your child. People go to stores, church, school. You can protect your child through a simple shot.
    Anonymous

• Im not going to give it to my 22 mo. I dont vaccinate. And even if I did, this one is too risky, untested, and last time it came out, people were really hurt.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 12:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Today I got my almost 18 mos little girl her first flu shot...I made the Dr. check and see if there was thimerosol in it first, and made him show me the paper confirming it! The flu vaccines that contain it are the multi-dose bottles of it...the SINGLE DOSE vacs for children with the pink syringe do not contain the perservative so please double check first. If you do get the H1N1 vac, make sure you get the shot, not the mist. My Dr. office doesnt have these yet, I have to find where they are available.
    OldSkoolGirl67

Answer by OldSkoolGirl67 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2009