In need of some support and comfort?

Hi all, I am new here and I am 17 weeks pregnant and I just needed some support and to hear some comforting words. I just feel so alone right now. the father of my baby whom i would think would be there for me isn't. he just keeps playing with my emotions. my family isn't either. and most of my friends live far away from me. I just want somebody to hug me and tell me everything will be okay. Sometimes i wish i would just have a miscarriage in the middle of the night and wake up in a pool of blood. I dun know how long i can take it. So if you have been through a similar situation and have sum advice of how i can handle it please help me. becuz i don't want it to get to the point where i start to despise my baby, becuz he/she is jus an innocent party. PLEASE HELP!!!

prissysafo

Asked by prissysafo at 9:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• feel free to message me.. you sound a lot like me. My baby's father and I aren't getting along and I'm dealing with a lot of depression this time around. I keep putting off counseling becaues I don't want to be put on medication while I"m pregnant or breastfeeding, but I have a lot of the same thoughts of miscarriage, I haven't told half my family that "m pregnant, etc... I know there's a problem but I"m not sure how to fix it. I am 19 weeks.. maybe we can help eachother.
    Im off to bed now, but I"m around most of the day just about every day. I am a SAHM with my 1 year old, so I"m almost always here in some form or another.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I know there are groups for single moms here on CM probably some by age too or where you live.
    Make sure you have insurance in order through bf or assistance, that's really important and keep up your visits, you are important in this world to many people and to your baby, to CM too.

Is there anything you can do to make better your relationship with your family, is it because they don't like your bf and maybe they're right if he's treating you poorly?

My kids dad wasn't and still isn't as much help as I could use. When you need him to help you do what you can to say it firmly with a simple explanation of what's needed, why. Keep it short.

It's hard being pregnant without an active partner, so is raising kids like that. And I'm married and I've still raised our kids alone. My husband refused absolutely refused childbirth classes and was useless pretty much. In hindsight I should have gotten counselling to strengthen me.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I went through this with my first pregnancy. I got pregnant and POOF, all of my friends went missing. It is very hard to go through such a big change- especially when you feel alone. Try to know that a lot of women go through similar feelings. Hormones and reality don't make pregnancy land easy at all. Message me if you want to talk more:)
    -I'm 20 weeks preg. with #2.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2009