Flying with a 1 month old

How does it work? Can I bring a carseat on the plane or do I check it at the gate and carry her on. When I bought my ticket I checked the little button saying flying with child under two say the air line does now. Please so retarded comments about how I shouldn't be flying with a new born. We are military, we don't have a choice.

Jillybeans24

Asked by Jillybeans24 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What is a retarded comment? Is it a comment someone with mental retardation would say? Please clarify?
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 10:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Yes thats exactly what i meant, Boy you must be the smartest person on cafemom. I hope one day when i grow up i can be just as bright as you are.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I just flew with my 6 mo. old, and I checked her carseat at the gate (it took about 20 min to get it back after we landed, so if you dont need it, you might be safer checking it as luggage if you have the ability.) Also, make sure to check baby in when you check your luggage. (So there is a record of baby being on the flight.) I made sure she was eating (personally, i BF, so i fed her, but if not a bottle, during take off, and ESPECIALLY landing so the pressure doesn't bother their ears too much. I just had one rule, no one touched her! If you need any other advice, please feel free to message me!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2009