My son has a cough

Ok so saturday nite my son started coughing a little and sunday night he didnt even sleep bc he was coughing so hard and his nose was stopped up and he was coughing so hard he puked twice so i took him to his pediatrician in the morning and they said all they could do bc he was so young was give him the bubble gum antibiotic and then i took my DH to emergeny room later bc he had cough and fever and runnin nose and a sore throat and when i mentioned my son being at the dr earlier his er nurse said she cant believe they gave him that i was like WFT ? then she didnt say anything else my son isnt coughing as much and has been sleepin a lil better so what should i do? should i keep givin him the meds and keep an eye on him or should i be worried?

aidensmama8

Asked by aidensmama8 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do what the ped. said to do NOT the ER nurse. Thats what i would do anyways. ER nurses aren't around kids all the time and aren't specialized in what will help your son get better. I always listen to my ped. when it comes to meds
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• sounds like your DH has the flu hopefully not the swine flu ... but your son is probably getting the flu too keep him on the meds and hopefully everyone feels better soon!
    Anonymous